Low Level Laser Therapy (LLLT), also called cold or soft laser therapy. Therapeutic light energy penetrates through the skin and is absorbed by the mitochondria of cells of all types. Light energy is converted into bio-chemical energy, restoring normal cell function.
Effects of Laser and Light Therapy:
- Increases circulation and angiogenesis
- Reduces or eliminates acute and chronic pain
- Reduces inflammation and swelling
- Stimulates and improves nerve function
- Strengthens and repairs bone and soft tissue
- Increases mobility and muscle function
- Arthritis (osteo and rheumatoid)
- Repetitive strain injuries (carpal tunnel syndrome)
- Acute and chronic pain conditions
- Soft tissue injuries, strains and sprains
- Wound (post operative, acute and chronic)
- Swelling and edema
- Inflammatory conditions (tendonitis, bursitis)
Low Level Laser Therapy sessions are provided by our physiotherapist or chiropodist and can be claimed under “physiotherapy” or “chiropody” coverage through your insurance plan.